Agnes "Kookie" Flanders (née Turnipseed), also known as Mona Flanders and Capri Flanders, is the mother of Ned Flanders and Nediana Flanders, the wife of Nedsel Flanders and also the paternal grandmother of Rod and Todd Flanders.
Agnes Flanders was a beatnik, revealed when a much younger Agnes and her husband were seen bringing Ned to Dr. Foster. Although Ned Flanders is willing to help Agnes Flanders, he secretly hates her as well as his father, which he admitted when various psychiatrists attempted to trap him in a room with Homer to get Ned to admit to any kind of anger he may have felt that led to him suppressing it due to Dr. Foster's treatment backfiring.
Flanders once said, "Homer, you met my parents" (to which Homer replied, "Not naked I haven't", as he was naked at the time), an indication that they are still alive. In season 23, it is shown that she and her husband are alive, since they both attended Ned and Edna's wedding.
- In "Lisa's First Word", she looks very different than her younger self in "Hurricane Neddy". However, in "Ned 'N Edna's Blend", she looks like an older version of how she appeared in "Hurricane Neddy".
- There is a discrepancy with her name, as in the Flanders' Book of Faith, her name is shown to be Agnes, but in "Black-eyed Please", Ned refers to her as Capri, and in "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song", she is referred to as Mona.
- Episode – "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song" (flashback)
- Episode – "Lisa's Date with Density" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Hurricane Neddy" (flashback)
- Episode – "Marge Gamer" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Ned 'N Edna's Blend"
- Episode – "Black-eyed Please"
- Episode – "Walking Big & Tall" (flashback)
- Comic book – Simpsons Comics 204
- Book – Flanders' Book of Faith